Wednesday 3 December 2008

A cap in a hole....

So it looks like I'm trying to post one update a day. No idea how long I can keep that up, with the holidays coming and all, but we'll see. Anyway, this time not a superhero gag but just something I did today. Remember the honda 250 xl project. Well, I thought it was about time to put the new fuel cap in the old tank. First I needed to cut a big hole in the tank. The hole saw wasn't up for the task so I needed to drill about 50 little holes. Pffff. Took the speedo ring from my beetle dash, put a plate in it and welded it al up. Which was rather difficult in the end because it got dark.... Still, my chinese racing fuel cap fits just fine in it. Looks a little bit odd but thats just what I'm aiming for, right. :D Hopefully I can weld everything together on friday. And then bondo I guess.....


No comments: